- Open a browser and go to ‘
- Click on the ‘
- Select the installation package suitable for your machine
- You are then presented with a list of download sites to select from. As I am in the UK, I tend to go with UK sites but, you can select whichever you prefer.
- Wait for the download to complete
- Open the download package, locate the Java ARchive (JAR) file ‘
log4j-1.2.17.jar’ and take a copy.
- Go to the directory where Eclipse was installed; locate the subdirectory ‘
plugins’ and copy the JAR file to this location. This will make it easier when we come to add these into our program.