Next download Eclipse
• Open a browser and go to ‘
• Click on ‘
Download Eclipse’. The versions change over time, just go for the latest stable version.
- Select ‘
Eclipse IDE for Java Developers’ and pick the correct version for your operating system
- Select a download host option, I usually go for the default in this case ‘
[United Kingdom] UK Mirror Service (http)’
- If you have the means perhaps you might like to donate to Eclipse to help it continue to provide a world class IDE for you and others to come.
- Once downloaded extract the contents of the ZIP file to a location of your choice.
- Go to the location where you placed Eclipse and in the eclipse folder you will find a file called ‘
eclipse.exe’. Double click on the file to launch Eclipse.
Watch a video of the installation: